Solved: Married, filing separately - can I use a deduction for a person I support, and lives with me, and has no income?

Married, filing separately - can I use a deduction for a person I support, and lives with me, and has no income?

If they are not a relative, you can't claim them. Non relatives must live with you the entire year to be claimed as a dependent.

If the person is not related to you, did the person live with you the entire year? Did you provide more than half their support?

They lived with me from April, through the entire year and I provided all of the support - thank you