Solved: Married filed jointly, but ss still has maiden name because we must pay for the name change. Should I have filed jointly or separately?

Married filed jointly, but ss still has maiden name because we must pay for the name change. Should I have filed jointly or separately?

My husband and I got married July of 2016.  We live in Arizona and where we live it costs to change your last name.  I filed with Turbo Tax Deluxe using Married Filing Jointly.  Should I have filed jointly or separately?

Filing jointly is perfectly fine. Has nothing to do with having the same last name. Lots of couples don't have the same last name.