turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wmeeks

If I pay my Federal Income taxes early, (March), using a credit card, when will the federal taxes be charged on my card--March or April?

I have an offer for a Zero % interest for 12 months, Zero fee for transfer  Mastercard that I would like to use to pay my taxes, but all charges must be transfered or charged by March 31st to qualify.  Therefore I need to know how long it takes the Treasury to charge the new card if filing and payment is made early.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristyW

If I pay my Federal Income taxes early, (March), using a credit card, when will the federal taxes be charged on my card--March or April?

March, generally, the credit card will show the funds removed within 24 hours or so from when your return is Accepted. If you still don't see the charge 7-10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency, as appropriate.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChristyW

March, generally, the credit card will show the funds removed within 24 hours or so from when your return is Accepted. If you still don't see the charge 7-10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency, as appropriate.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies