Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Mailing address is wrong

1 Reply
New Member

Mailing address is wrong

If you have not yet filed your tax return you can still go back and correct the address by following the steps below:

  • Sign into your Online account and select Take me to my return.
  • Next select My Info in the left side bar.
  • On the Personal Info Summary screen scroll down to mailing address and select Edit. This will allow you to correct the mailing address prior to filing your tax return.

If you have already filed your tax return, you would not be able to correct the mailing address in TurboTax. You can try contacting the IRS at 800-829-1040 for assistance in updating the address to the IRS. In the meantime you can use the IRS change of address form to notify them of the change. 

If you are receiving your tax refund by Direct Deposit there is no need to contact the IRS by phone you can just complete the Change of address form and this would not have any impact on your tax return.

If you are expecting a paper check in the mail, you should contact them right away.

Here are the instructions to change your address with the IRS  IRS Form 8822 Address Change .

Also, don't forget to contact your state agency also. Here is an FAQ with instructions on contacting your State Department of Revenue.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings