turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chanelldasilva
Returning Member

Lost my refund, filed it as lost and another one is on its way. Received a call saying someone found it and returned it to me. How do I return the one coming?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Lost my refund, filed it as lost and another one is on its way. Received a call saying someone found it and returned it to me. How do I return the one coming?

your first check is probably cancelled and cannot be deposited.

wait for the replacement and then destroy the first check.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Sorry that makes no sense.  Are you talking about a tax return you mailed to the IRS?  Who is sending another one?  Who called you?  It could be a scam.

chanelldasilva
Returning Member

Sorry for the confusion. I filed my taxes here on turbotax. Received my checks in the mail but lost my federal one on the way to the bank. I filed it as lost and was tracking my missing check and receiving another copy in the mail but in the meantime they were investigating and making sure to see if anyone would cash it at the bank. I was contacted by the librarian at my town (went there to print something before going to the bank) and was told someone found my check and turned it in. I went and picked it up but I have received the second copy in the mail. When I filed it lost the IRS website said if you find your original check to send the copy back to the place where I filed my taxes. 

your first check is probably cancelled and cannot be deposited.

wait for the replacement and then destroy the first check.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies