turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rickmacg

Why are federal and state filing cost not included with Turbotax Delux Live since you get 5 fed filings and 1 state filiing with the non live Delux veersion?

Question is in the subject line.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Why are federal and state filing cost not included with Turbotax Delux Live since you get 5 fed filings and 1 state filiing with the non live Delux veersion?

Live is only available in the Online versions and not the Desktop CD/Download program.  Online are 2 different things and are priced differently.

Online is only good for 1 return and 1 account.  Efiling is free and included.  The Online fees are to prepare the returns whether you efile or print and mail.  

You are trying to compare the online Deluxe (Live and not Live) with the Desktop program.  Only the Desktop program can do unlimited returns and efile 5 returns for free.

rickmacg

Yep. But I guess I trying to figure out why I would do the online, pay @ 2x the amount of the desktop program which gives me free fed and state filing. If I need pro assistance then I can always add that cost to the desktop experience. Not sure the online is worth the cost plus having to pay for fed and state filing. Am I missing something ?

No you can not add that to the Desktop program.  The LIVE expert help and review is only for the Online versions.

You can ask your questions here in the forum or call customer service.
rickmacg

Sorry, maybe I did not qualify this. I can submit my tax prep to a tax adviser using desktop. I really don't see additional value in the webX approach to talking about the same thing.

Ok.  How are you going to submit it?  Are you printing it out to take to a local CPA?  I don't think you are following what I'm saying.  
rickmacg

Nope. I've done this before. The end of the desktop preparation you have options to pay for a review and even for legal protection. Taking it to a CPA would add more cost to redo the prep. Hope that helps.

Yes there is Max and Audit Defense offered in the Desktop program but not a separate expert review.  The program does a basic review to see if anything will prevent Efiling.  But it's all based on your entries.  Turbo Tax is a self prepared return.  It has no way of knowing or checking that you entered something wrong or in the wrong place or entered something twice  Or left something out.  It doesn't check against any outside sources.  The IRS has copies of all the W2s and 1099s your employer and banks/brokers, etc. sent in to match against.  Turbo Tax only checks the calculations of what you entered.   It is your responsibility to check it over before you file.  They only Guarantee that the calculations are right based on the entries you made.

What is Max? <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2924462-what-is-max">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2924462-wha...>

But back to your original question.  Efiling is included with all the Online versions including LIVE.  The Online fees are to prepare the return whether you efile or print and mail.  State is a separate charge to prepare and state efile is free.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies