Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Listing banks accounts on my return?

Last year I used Taxact to do my taxes. In the "miscellaneous" section of the return I was asked to put bank accounts in. Is this a required part of a normal tax return? I don't remember this from previous years and I don't see it on Turbotax.

If it is part of the return, do I put all bank accounts I have? And I am filing jointly with my wife this year for the first time, so do I put all of her accounts too?

Just seems strange.

Thanks for the help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

US Bank accounts are not entered on a tax return.  You do have to enter any interest received from a bank account and reported to you on a Form 1099-INT or dividends reported to you on a Form 1099-DIV.

If you want a direct deposit of a tax refund or to pay the taxes owed by direct debit you have to enter a bank routing number and account number.

If you have Foreign accounts, depending on the amount in the foreign account, you have to report those accounts using Form 8938 or use FinCen Form 114.

Thank you. So do you think this section where I added a bank account last year was just for direct deposit? (I would assume that would be at the end, not in the actual process).

I do not have any 1099s

@avigo45 wrote:

Thank you. So do you think this section where I added a bank account last year was just for direct deposit? (I would assume that would be at the end, not in the actual process).

I do not have any 1099s

That would be my assumption.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies