`

Legal fees for creation of an estate plan & will: Wife and I had wills created & filed with the state of DE, where we live. Are attorney & filing fees deductible?

My wife and I had Wills, Power of Attorneys and financial plans created by a local law office and filed with the Recorder of Wills for the State of Delaware.  Are the fees associated with the creation and processing of the Will a valid deduction from Taxes?

Generally, no these costs are not tax deductible. If any portion of the legalfees were for tax advice that part is deductible.