Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was having issues with payment for ny state tax return and paid on 04/16/2019 slight after 12 pm on 04/15/2019 would this effect me due to tax deadline?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I was having issues with payment for ny state tax return and paid on 04/16/2019 slight after 12 pm on 04/15/2019 would this effect me due to tax deadline?

Late is late and late is after 12:00 midnight. One second past and you are late! May as well be days after you are late. That was my experience with my Federal and I doubt NY will cut you any slack either. Today I was late on Federal because I bought Audit Defense and wanted to pay with a credit card. Should be simple right? Nope, it was not. Had to go through this big deal of registering with Intuit. Well that didn't work after an hour, so I tried to get rid of Audit Defense and just buy it later, but getting rid of it was like 10 steps, too involved. So finally I registered as a guest and that unlocked the thing. Good thing I sent in an extension this morning.
That situation is just stupid! I would strongly advise all to delay the purchase of Audit Defense until after you file, because Intuit does not know how to collect a credit card payment in less than 5 minutes. All the while you are looking at the clock and going through screen after screen and often ending up right back where you started. There should be a simple box to check that cancels the Audit Defense purchase for those that have problems with paying for it. Also, I did not have a refund coming so I had to pay by credit card. That said. Audit Defense is  a good product and worked well for me in the past. If in doubt about anything in your return, buy it, but after you file so you are not late in filing again. The federal penalty was the same for 2 minutes as it was for days.  Hope this helps. TJ

i
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies