turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Last year I paid all the fees to efile and after much research i discovered I could not efile due to the injured spouse form. Am I going to have the same issue this yr?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Last year I paid all the fees to efile and after much research i discovered I could not efile due to the injured spouse form. Am I going to have the same issue this yr?

If you use TurboTax online, the filing fees include both preparation and e-filing. There is no extra charge for e-filing and there is no discount if you don’t e-file. You are mainly paying for the preparation service, and if you print your tax return and mail it in, you have still received the preparation service.

If you use the TurboTax desktop version installed on your own computer from a CD or download, the federal program includes free e-filing and there is no discount if you don’t e-file.  You still receive a prepared tax return that you can mail. There is an extra charge to e-file your state tax return when using the desktop program. If you paid that fee and were unable to e-file, you can call customer service to get a refund.

I don't know if you can efile a return with the injured spouse form but this FAQ says if you efiled your return you can mail the 8379.

FAQ Injured Spouse Form 8379

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-file-form-8379-injured-spouse-allocation/0...

This Forms Availability list says 8379 is available to efile.   If your return rejected it might be for something else.

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html 

Form 8379, Injured Spouse Claim and Allocation is available for e-filing with the federal tax return for tax year 2020.

See - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies