turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

K-1 Box 20 Code Z with 200 trade/business properties (!)

I received a 2019 private equity partnership K-1 with nearly 200 (!) separate properties listed for Box 20 Code Z:Section 199A Information as "US Real Estate" trade/businesses (TB), operated by probably tens of "Relevant Pass Through Entities" (RPE) with distinct EINs. These table listings include various entries for gross QBI, gross QB deductions, 1231 gain/loss, unadjusted basis of qualified property, and more. 

Clearly, it's not feasible for me to tally and manually enter each of these RPEs as separate K-1s in TurboTax.

However, my household (married filing jointly) does qualify for real estate QBI, however. So:

1)  Does IRS *require* all of these RPEs and QBI to be reported on my 1040? If so...how the heck would I do that? (How would even a tax accountant enter all this data??)

2)  If not, and I do not, will I forego the Section 199A deduction on the QBI these reflect?

Note, this partnership is invested in other businesses as well, reflected elsewhere on the K-1, so I have no clear way to ass what the net QBI actually amounts to from these real estate businesses.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies