ashlleyyyx3

Just married and I'm the only one working, can I file 0 allowances? Or do I have to file 1 or 2?

I've recently gotten married and my husband is currently unemployed, I'm going to update my w-4 and was wondering if I could file 0 allowances or do I have to file 1 or 2?

The "allowances" you  put on your W-4 do not dictate how you will have to file your tax return.  Your W-4 just tells your employer how much to withhold from your paycheck.  The more you put on the your W-4, the less tax is withheld, so if you list too many, you may not have enough withheld and could end up owing.  Try this W-4 calculator:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/calculators/w4/

Is your husband collecting Unemployment Comp?  If so, it is taxable.