Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jan-July rec'd a W2. Aug-Dec, self-employed 1099. In Home/Business Ed, can I report all expenses in A) the business section, or B) separate into personal and business?

I have non-reimbursed employee expenses for 1/2 year -- home office, auto, travel, etc., and same self-employed expenses for the last 1/2 year. This is a sole prop, reporting all in my social security number. It would be much easier to report the full-year expenses on the business-side of Turbo Tax. But does that clearly wrong? Am I required to divide the first 1/2 year expenses onto the individual/personal side and the second 1/2 year on the business side?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Jan-July rec'd a W2. Aug-Dec, self-employed 1099. In Home/Business Ed, can I report all expenses in A) the business section, or B) separate into personal and business?

Your non-reimbursed expenses from the job where you received a W2 would go on Schedule B as "business expenses" since you were an employee. Your expenses for the business would go on the business section (Schedule C).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Your non-reimbursed expenses from the job where you received a W2 would go on Schedule B as "business expenses" since you were an employee. Your expenses for the business would go on the business section (Schedule C).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies