• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yankee44ny1

Jan-July rec'd a W2. Aug-Dec, self-employed 1099. In Home/Business Ed, can I report all expenses in A) the business section, or B) separate into personal and business?

I have non-reimbursed employee expenses for 1/2 year -- home office, auto, travel, etc., and same self-employed expenses for the last 1/2 year. This is a sole prop, reporting all in my social security number. It would be much easier to report the full-year expenses on the business-side of Turbo Tax. But does that clearly wrong? Am I required to divide the first 1/2 year expenses onto the individual/personal side and the second 1/2 year on the business side?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
tygrtchr
Level 7

Jan-July rec'd a W2. Aug-Dec, self-employed 1099. In Home/Business Ed, can I report all expenses in A) the business section, or B) separate into personal and business?

Your non-reimbursed expenses from the job where you received a W2 would go on Schedule B as "business expenses" since you were an employee. Your expenses for the business would go on the business section (Schedule C).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
tygrtchr
Level 7

Your non-reimbursed expenses from the job where you received a W2 would go on Schedule B as "business expenses" since you were an employee. Your expenses for the business would go on the business section (Schedule C).

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v