Its amazing to me that I've been waiting hours to ...

Travel

Its amazing to me that I've been waiting hours to get a verification code, but it took about 3 seconds to get an email telling me I got some idiotic badge for when I asked why I'm not receiving emails....

Its idiotic....

infohighwy2

I tried having them email me a code tonight to the address that they send me other things too, but it never came through. I then had them SMS me a code message to the cell phone I had registered, and it came through within 30 seconds. You are not the only one who is having email issues with these codes tonight, just so you know. My suggestion is to add a cell phone as an option if this happens again. Hopefully this is just a short term glitch (hopefully not a feature).

Travel

I appreciate the reply, but unfortunately I can't use the SMS verification, IRS needs them to verify my email by law apparently.  I probably wouldn't be so angry, but getting a badge for posting on here through the same **bleep** email just set me off.  Be nice if this company didn't constantly lobby to prevent the IRS from having its own service for this, because Turbo Tax obviously isn't very good at it.

@Travel Do you mean you received a request from the IRS to verify your identity?  TurboTax does not/cannot verify your identity or help you with that. TurboTax provided the software for your do-it-yourself tax return.  TT cannot verify that anything you entered is correct or truthful.   You need to follow the instructions in the IRS letter to verify your identity with the IRS.

infohighwy2

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your post. I thought you are having difficulties logging into the TurboTax community because I did have problems using email, but SMS worked okay. I never did get the email from TurboTax with the login confirmation code, but I did get a badge email as soon as I posted on this board. Sorry for the misunderstanding. If it is IRS verification that is a completely different matter.

fatfree69

Did you ever get your problem solved?  I am running into the same issue, and have gotten the idiotic badge email instantly for asking a question also, but alas, 5 attempts to get a verification code still hasn't shown up after hours of waiting.