turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is there information on my state tax form in Question #15 WD? I don't have a WD amount.

It is telling me that I won't be able to Efile my taxes because of this.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Why is there information on my state tax form in Question #15 WD? I don't have a WD amount.

It appears you have indicated that an adjustment needs to be made to the amount of Capital Gains reported on your federal return.  Line #15 reports - Adjustment from Wisconsin Schedule T.  

Go back through your WI state return (not just the review) and review your entries.  Click on State in the left side menu and select the option to go back through your WI return.   When you get to the screen that says ''Here's the income that Wisconsin handles differently'', scroll down and click start or revisit next to Investments, Wisconsin Capital Gains and Losses, see image below.  Then carefully review your answers.  This is the section that is generating your error.  

From the instructions for Schedule WD - If you have a difference in the Wisconsin and federal basis of property (other than your principal residence) and that property is a capital asset (sale or other disposition is reported on federal Schedule D), fill in the federal gain or loss in Part I or Part II of Schedule WD, as appropriate. You must also complete Part I of Wisconsin Schedule T to compute the amount to fill in on line 6 or 15 of Schedule WD.   

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

What state and what form?  Can you provide more details as there are thousands of possibilities for #15.

State of Wisconsin.

It won't let me file my taxes online because of this.  It says I can complete taxes and then mail them in.  I don't want to mail them in I want to file them online.
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

It appears you have indicated that an adjustment needs to be made to the amount of Capital Gains reported on your federal return.  Line #15 reports - Adjustment from Wisconsin Schedule T.  

Go back through your WI state return (not just the review) and review your entries.  Click on State in the left side menu and select the option to go back through your WI return.   When you get to the screen that says ''Here's the income that Wisconsin handles differently'', scroll down and click start or revisit next to Investments, Wisconsin Capital Gains and Losses, see image below.  Then carefully review your answers.  This is the section that is generating your error.  

From the instructions for Schedule WD - If you have a difference in the Wisconsin and federal basis of property (other than your principal residence) and that property is a capital asset (sale or other disposition is reported on federal Schedule D), fill in the federal gain or loss in Part I or Part II of Schedule WD, as appropriate. You must also complete Part I of Wisconsin Schedule T to compute the amount to fill in on line 6 or 15 of Schedule WD.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies