turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gmcmahen

TurboTax will not efile my daughters return because the second W-2 provided doesn't have wage amount listed.

My daughter is filling under the TurboTax Plus as well. she received 2) W-2's from here employer. 1) has all the info needed as well as info in Box 12d Code (G).       The 2) W-2 only has info in Box 12d.Code (DD). efile will not allow the second W-2 to go through without info for Wages,

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PhyllisG

TurboTax will not efile my daughters return because the second W-2 provided doesn't have wage amount listed.

You should not enter the form W-2 with only Box 12 completed. 

She may have received a corrected Form W-2. You will enter the Box 12d Code (DD) amount into TurboTax along with the completed Form W-2.

gmcmahen

It was not a corrected W-2. It was a separate W-2 with only Box 12d filled out. The first W-2 already had a code in Bow 12d, How do I provide both codes? First: Code G and the second one had Code DD.
PhyllisG

When entering the Form W-2 information, there is a drop down menu for box 12 where you can scroll down and enter  the codes G and DD.  

Type Form W-2 in search; click the Jump to form W-2 link; begin navigating through the prompts to enter the information.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies