turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It’s stated 24 to 48 hours to except my e-file return however it has been a few days now and still no word how long does it typically take for us to except your taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

It’s stated 24 to 48 hours to except my e-file return however it has been a few days now and still no word how long does it typically take for us to except your taxes?

It takes up to 48 hours when the IRS begins to accept returns.  But they are not accepting returns until January 27, except for a few small "test batches"  so you have to wait.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

The IRS will not be accepting 2019 tax returns until on and after January 27

Smith2020
Returning Member

So if you’re in the small “test” batch do you still have to wait until 1/27?🤔

Even in the test batch, you will be waiting for processing to begin.  And if you are gettin EIC or additonal child tax credit, you still wait for that.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3397970-path-act-delayed-refunds-for-some-filers

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Smith2020
Returning Member

I’m referring to the refund anticipation loan only . TurboTax is claiming that once your refund is accepted , you will have your loan . So my question is if you are in the test batch and your return has been accepted before 1/27 do you still have to wait for the loan??

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies