turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am using the deluxe edition for $34.99. I am only filing federal. It is charging me for 2 at 34.99. How do I correct that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I am using the deluxe edition for $34.99. I am only filing federal. It is charging me for 2 at 34.99. How do I correct that?

You are probably getting charged the EXTRA 34.99 Refund Processing Service charge.  That is a service to have the first 34.99 fee for Deluxe taken out of your federal refund.  It is optional.  You can avoid the extra charge by paying with a credit card.  Go though the FILE tab and change how to pay.

How to find your fees…
Click on My Account at the top, then on Tools
Click on My Fees
A window will pop up that shows the fees

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301994

I was told it was to file state. I already used my credit card to avoid THAT charge.

State is a 36.99 charge.  A second 34.99 charge would probably be the Refund Processing Service charge.  Are you the same person as kathiecramer who posted this question?

It's not possible to be charged for two of the same software versions...

Sign in to your return, click My Account (highlighted below), then click Tools from the drop-down. After you click My Fees, you'll see the same window as the one in the screenshot. You'll be able to review everything you're getting charged for there.

But, if you somehow have multiple products (or would like to remove MAX/PLUS/etc benefits), follow these steps:
  1. Sign in
  2. Click File to the upper right of the screen (maximize your browser if you don't see this)
  3. Next to Step 1 - Review your order, click start or revisit
  4. Any removable products or features will be listed here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies