joebellprize

It’s 40 to file federal and 40to file state but they’re charging me 120?? How come I don’t understand

Taxfile

Turbo tax deluxe charged 40 to do your taxes then 40 to file federal and 40 to file state. (I wondered the same when I was charged 160 I had 2 states to file at 40 each)

The reason you are seeing that extra $40 is you chose to pay the TurboTax account fees with the federal tax refund option.  The service charge for this option is $39.99.

The pay with refund fee can be removed so that you can pay the account fees with a credit/debit card.

See this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-pay-with-my-refund-fees-in-turbot...