It’s 40 to file federal and 40to file state but they’re charging me 120?? How come I don’t understand

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbo tax deluxe charged 40 to do your taxes then 40 to file federal and 40 to file state. (I wondered the same when I was charged 160 I had 2 states to file at 40 each)

The reason you are seeing that extra $40 is you chose to pay the TurboTax account fees with the federal tax refund option.  The service charge for this option is $39.99.

The pay with refund fee can be removed so that you can pay the account fees with a credit/debit card.

See this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-pay-with-my-refund-fees-in-turbot...