turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have more w2s but they got mailed to my old address can I just proceed with out them and do those later?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyT

I have more w2s but they got mailed to my old address can I just proceed with out them and do those later?

It is very important that you wait until your have received all of your tax forms (W-2s, 1099s, etc.) before filing your income tax returns.

Filing without all of the information will make it necessary for you to prepare amended income tax returns, which can be a time-consuming process. Additionally, you may receive notices from the IRS if your return is missing any information.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AmyT

It is very important that you wait until your have received all of your tax forms (W-2s, 1099s, etc.) before filing your income tax returns.

Filing without all of the information will make it necessary for you to prepare amended income tax returns, which can be a time-consuming process. Additionally, you may receive notices from the IRS if your return is missing any information.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies