ehrke31490

It is saying I already filed my taxes when I did not and it will not let me E file

AnnetteB6

Did you submit your information through one of the non-filer applications in order to get your stimulus payment?  There are non-filer options either through TurboTax or the IRS.  

If so, when using the non-filer system, your information is processed by the IRS as an original filed return. 

If not, then you may have a more serious identity theft issue to address. 

See the following TurboTax articles for some additional advice about your situation: 

Reject R0000-902-01:  Taxpayer TIN must not be the same as a previously accepted return

What to do if you suspect tax-related identity theft

@ehrke31490

NYprogramuser

I had this happen in 2013 when filing my 2012 taxes. Unfortunately it was fraud, someone used my SSN and filed a fraudulent return to get a bogus refund.  I had to submit my taxes in the office and file a form informing the IRS of the fraud.  It was fine, I got my refund.  Now I get a security PIN by mail each year to e-file my taxes.  Bummer that you might miss the July 15th deadline as a result though! Hope they won't penalize you for that.

ehrke31490

great so they post this disclaimer months after millions of us used the non filer tool assuming that's what we needed to do if we did not submit 2019 taxes yet. So now what do I do? It will not allow me to Efile. Do I just print them and mail them? what are my exact moves now

towash

How do i file? 

@towash wrote:

How do i file? 

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.