Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am using Turbo Tax Premier for my 2016 taxes. How do I get back to the necessary screen to correct my answer to the "did you enroll in an ACA plan?" from YES to NO?

I have already filled in the necessary 1095-B and 1095-C forms. I had employer coverage for January through June, had a short gap for July and August, and purchased my own insurance for September through December.

But, the Smart Check keeps identifying a requirement for me to fill out a 1085-A form.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Trevar

I am using Turbo Tax Premier for my 2016 taxes. How do I get back to the necessary screen to correct my answer to the "did you enroll in an ACA plan?" from YES to NO?

It is in the Health Insurance section under Federal Taxes (which is a link at the top of the page when you are signed in to your account)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Trevar

It is in the Health Insurance section under Federal Taxes (which is a link at the top of the page when you are signed in to your account)

Actually, I had to change my initial selection on the initial health coverage screen from "I'll pick which months I had it" to "I had health insurance coverage all year" in order to get to the "ObamaCare" question. Then, because I had already filled out the 1095-B and 1095-C forms, the 8965 form (Health Coverage Exemptions) that had been generated from the initial incorrect "yes" to the ObamaCare question was  deleted and the filing finally passed the Federal Review and Smart Check.
Trevar

Thank you for the update!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies