Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is 2016 TurboTax Self-Employed (for sale on TurboTax website) the same program as 2016 TurboTax Home & Business found in stores (Costco, Amazon)?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Is 2016 TurboTax Self-Employed (for sale on TurboTax website) the same program as 2016 TurboTax Home & Business found in stores (Costco, Amazon)?

Yes.

Thank you, it appears that although they are unique programs that they achieve the same goal. My goal is to complete a schedule C.

I'd say "Yes" and "No".   Both programs, properly executed, should result in the same income tax return, an income tax return that includes Schedule C.  TurboTax Home & Business allows you to always look at all the Worksheets, Schedules and Forms while you are working on your income tax return - which can be a big help in understanding what you're doing - while Self-Employed allows you to see this information only after you pay.  You can prepare an unlimited number of income tax returns using TTH&B - a big advantage if you have an extended family, all of whom need to file an income tax return - while TTSE only allows for the preparation of one income tax return.

It also seems like the developers have somehow tinkered with the "experience" or "flow" of TTSE, making it somewhat different than the straight interview list used by TTH&B, but since I've not tried TTSE I can't really say much about the differences.

Tom Young

It is extremely useful to know that the programs achieve the same goal but are not identical.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies