Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I ordered TT to include one state at $59.95. I was aghast when tbilled me for the state. I selected TT because of your special offer via email. Please explain?

I signed up after your email offer,and worked on-line for several weeks.  Today I finished and wanted to print out a copy for the final visual check, before submitting the returns.  I filled out the Visa information and printed out the returns.

I was surprised when I got your e-mail stating that I owed $36.99 for the state, as that was included in your email offer, as part of the package [$59.99].  I had used TT for many years, then switched to H&R Block two years ago because of price.  This year I could get H&R for around $44 [with state] but when I read your offer I decided that for the small difference I would return to TT.  This was an "On-line" copy not a delivered disk!  $55 buys a lot of beer!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

I ordered TT to include one state at $59.95. I was aghast when tbilled me for the state. I selected TT because of your special offer via email. Please explain?

It appears you are using TurboTax Premier, which is the $59.99 for the federal return, state is an additional fee.

You can view the prices for all the TurboTax programs by visiting the website below.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies

the high cost of TurboTax is pretty sobering, eh?

Can you post a picture of the email with your personal info covered up?  We would like to know which email it was that was confusing.   Sounds like an email to buy the Desktop program which comes with a free state.  Online and Desktop are different products and are priced differently .

Did you start out in the Free Edition and needed to upgrade to Premier?

That is what it is telling me but I declined.  Can not get out past putting in a credit card.
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It appears you are using TurboTax Premier, which is the $59.99 for the federal return, state is an additional fee.

You can view the prices for all the TurboTax programs by visiting the website below.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies