turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a credit card to upgrade so I can get my AGI/pin number in order for me to complete my 2017 return. It won't give me the option to use the credit card.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I have a credit card to upgrade so I can get my AGI/pin number in order for me to complete my 2017 return. It won't give me the option to use the credit card.

It appears that you're using the online TurboTax Deluxe edition.  If that's the case, your 2016 AGI should have automatically transferred into your 2017 return.  Are you sure you're using the same TurboTax account that you used when filing in 2016?  

See the information in the TurboTax FAQ below for locating your 2016 AGI:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301618

Also included in that FAQ is a hyperlink (blue letters) that link you to the IRS webpage for getting a transcript of your 2016 return.  This is an abbreviated copy of your return, and can be accessed via the IRS webpage at no charge.  The AGI included in your transcript can be used.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

It appears that you're using the online TurboTax Deluxe edition.  If that's the case, your 2016 AGI should have automatically transferred into your 2017 return.  Are you sure you're using the same TurboTax account that you used when filing in 2016?  

See the information in the TurboTax FAQ below for locating your 2016 AGI:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301618

Also included in that FAQ is a hyperlink (blue letters) that link you to the IRS webpage for getting a transcript of your 2016 return.  This is an abbreviated copy of your return, and can be accessed via the IRS webpage at no charge.  The AGI included in your transcript can be used.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Thanks so much Kat. Have a great day!
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

You're so welcome, @vassiliadis94!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies