turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

curtpusa

Is TurboTax for 2020 download released yet?

Why have I been charged for TurboTax Basic for the Mac and it has not been released yet?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Unknown at this time ... seems like a delay of some kind.  Better things are delayed then they put out a product that has issues to install.   The FAQ has not even been updated yet and the order screen still is in PreOrder status.

When can I expect to receive my TurboTax Advantage order?

TurboTax Advantage orders start processing early November and CDs are shipped by mid-November. Check your order status here.

If you ordered TurboTax on a CD, you also get a downloadable version for both Windows and Mac. To access your download, sign in to your TurboTax Advantage account and look for My Downloads.

Although the beta versions of the program come out early they are not fully functional until sometime late January at best and many forms including the state programs are not complete until late Feb or sometime in March.  The IRS efile start date is still TBD however in the last couple of years they have not opened until very late in January  so don't be in a big hurry.

The Desktop CD/Download program usually comes out in early November.  The Online Personal versions open in December.  Keep checking back.  After Oct 15 the current year programs move to the past year product page and the next year programs will say Pre-Order until available.

Buy the personal Desktop CD/Download programs here

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

Buy Turbo Tax Business here

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes

Remember that the Advantage program gives you several benefits--first access to the software, downloadable program and a CD copy of both the Mac and PC versions, and a priority support phone  number.  If you don't want these benefits, you can probably buy the Basic CD cheaper at Costco or Amazon whenever you want to.

Also remember, the first version is never ready to file a return, and some functions may not even be available until the IRS approves the final versions of any forms that changed this year.

When I check my order status and look under My Downloads, it shows my license key for TURBOTAX ADVANTAGE PREMIER TAX YEAR 2020 CD but no Download button.  

Access your downloads here

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/login.jsp?pagecontext=download

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I get the same results.  If I click on TurboTax Advantage, it shows:

Expected release date: November 2021
  • TurboTax Premier
    CD for Windows/Mac
    $100
    Remove product
    |
    Change quantity

I'll have to follow up with Intuit on Monday.

It sounds like you paid too late for the 2020 software and instead paid for the software for 2021 for the 2021 tax return that will not be prepared or filed until over a year from now,

Contact customer support for help.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time  Monday-Friday

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

If you don't see one for the 2020 program just released Nov 2020  then you may either be in the wrong account  or you updated the CC info  too  late to get the 2020 program.   

If you are an Advantage member (annual subscription), be sure you use your Advantage log-in User ID when you go to that download area.

If there is no download in your download account, then you may have multiple accounts without realizing it.   To check for multiple accounts (User ID's), run the tool below on each email address you have.

NOTE: Before running the tool, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to:

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

If still no luck after running that on each email address you have, then run the tool yet again, but this time choose the small blue link that says "I don't know my email address or User ID", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

If you still can't find your download after all that, here's how to be assigned a phone number to the proper department at TT Customer Support during the business hours shown below (it will not display when they are closed).  Read all the steps first.

1) Go to https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
2) Choose the product platform you are using.
3)  Ask a question or keywords without quotes, and Submit.
4)  On next page, skip the suggested articles if they don't help.
5) Scroll down, and you should be able to enter the Support module to get a phone number.

If your CC was not already charged for the 2020 downloaded program then count yourself lucky since you can now buy the program cheaper from an authorized reseller : 

This link Where can I obtain authentic TurboTax software? has a list of authorized TurboTax resellers.

Spoke to Intuit this AM, they provided the link to download the software using the assigned License Code.  Issue resolved.  Thanks all!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies