turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Is this true about topic 152?

@hapjak3232 wrote:

Well I am getting different reviews.  Some are saying tax topic 152 means you need to send additional information 

IRS Tax Topic 152 does not say anything about additional information - https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc152

It is funny bc I called and talked to someone at IRS this morning and she said it was refund information 

Will tax topic ever change to another tax topic??

I mean reviews from other people!!!  Some people are saying that when they receive tax topic 152 they are needing to send identity proof .  So I am just getting a little confused.  I even called the IRS and the lady I talked to has never heard of tax topic 152 she had to put me on hold to research it herself!!!  She told me to call the end of week bc it will be 22 days since I was accepted.  

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

As the IRS agent suggested wait for the 21 days to pass and then inquire per the iRS instructions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I still have 1 bar tt152

WKins2
Expert Alumni

That means you are getting a refund and the IRS is still processing the refund. When they are done processing it, you will see a refund date posted here: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If there are any issues with your refund, you will be notified in writing by the IRS. 

My bars disappeared and tax topic 152 I have eic and just hit 21 days what is this meaning? I haven't received state yet at all

WKins2
Expert Alumni

According to the IRS, when you see tax topic 152 come up that means the IRS is needing additional time to process your return (longer than the 21 days). If it has been longer than 21 days, feel free to contact the IRS and see if they are able to give you an estimated refund date, or if they are needing more information from you.

Read more about tax topic 152 here: https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc152

Thanks, I already have my date

Well, that is wrong! I had tax topic 152 and i receive my money tomorrow

JohnW222
Expert Alumni

Employee Tax Expert WKins2 merely reported the relevance of IRS Tax Topic 152.  It’s great that your refund is coming shortly, but the Tax Topic explains the potential for a 21-day delay, which is what the IRS’s targeted audience needs to know about.

Greenba23

Did you ever receive anything in the mail ? 

Please, please, please...no matter what anyone says, if you are at 21 days and over, CALL THE IRS OR TAXPAYER ADVOCATE SERVICE. I GOT THIS CODE LAST YEAR, IT STILL SHOWS UP AND IT IS FEB 2020. I USED THE WRONG W2 AND THEY DECLINED ALL MY EITC CHILD CREDIT AND ABOUT A WEEK AGO I GOT A LETTER SAYING I OWE 4800.00...I MADE 4600.00. I CALLED THEM SEVERAL TIMES AND GOT NOWHERE.CALLED TAS AND MY ADVOCATE NEVER ANSWERED THE PHONE OR RETURNED MY CALLS. BE PERSISTENT AND DON'T STOP OR TRY TO BE UNDERSTANDING...I AM IN A MESS AND NOW THIS YEARS TAXES SAY THE SAME THING. I AM CALLING TOMORROW. UNLESS YOU FIND OUT 100% FROM THE IRS DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING ELSE OR THINK IT IS NO BIG DEAL.

Kuhn94

Mine is also coming up with no bars and says a date will be given when available with tax topic 152. Is this good or bad? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies