michaeltmorgan

Is this a Self Employed bug? I am clergy and I'm filling in my income. The "Parsonage or Housing Allowance" and "Qualifying Expenses" are not saving after click continue.

This error is happening under Income & Expenses, page titled "Tell Us About Your Clergy Housing"

The selection to pay SE tax on "both" housing and wages sometimes doesn't stick in Turbotax online.  Turbotax claims this user error, I think its a bug.

Most people have been able to resolve the problem by deleting their W-2 and re-entering it.  Be sure to check the box for "Religious wages" and enter your housing allowance when asked, even if you already entered it in box 14 of your W-2.

Or, switch to using Turbotax desktop version installed on your own computer from a CD or download, it does not seem to have the same problem, and the download version allows you to make the manual adjustments needed to take full advantage of the expense deduction under the Deason rule.

MaryK1

What do you mean by "not saving"  Does your tax change after you enter?

michaeltmorgan

Bummer i need to delete. That seems correct though. When i click "both housing and wages" it seems to not save the data I had in the fields on the previous page if i go back. And my actual Wages is not being updated after entering that data. My 'qualifying expenses' is lower than my "housing allowance" so this should adjust my income. I will try this solution soon. thanks!
MaryK1

Just note- some entries in TurboTax default back (answer changes) if you go back to that entry so it is not actually erasing the data unless you do not re-enter the correct entries (By clicking the edit it kind of erases the form at that point so you start again)  Just comment again or post a new question if you need anything else.