You can't find the AGI? You need your 2021 AGI to efile 2022. The AGI is on 2021 1040 line 11. If you filed a Joint return you use the same AGI for each spouse.
How to find the AGI.
If you didn't file 2021 or filed it later in the year or mailed it, then try entering 0 for the AGI. If that doesn't work you will have to print and mail your return.
Or request a transcript from the IRS
IRS phone number and procedure
- Call 1-800-829-1040 between the hours of 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM local time.
- Press “1” for English or “2” for Spanish.
- Press “2” for “answers about your personal income taxes.”
- Press “1” for “questions about a form you have already submitted or a payment or to order a tax transcript.”
- Press “3” for “all other questions about your tax history or payment.”
- Press “2” for “all other questions about your tax history or payment.”
- Do not input your Social Security Number when the recording tells you to.
- Press “2” for “personal- or individual-tax related question.”
- Press “3” for “all other inquiries.”
- Wait to be connected to someone at the IRS.
Still have questions?Make a post