turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there an equation to figure 2018 estimated taxes for self employed income?

The calculations I used to use don't work now that  all our income is from self employment.  I know I begin with gross less expenses for net self employment income.  I need to know at what point I plug in things like: dividend/interest income, self employment tax, sep and traditional ira contributions, self employed health insurance premiums, std. deduction, exemptions (or has that been eliminated?).....    Meaning, how do I get the taxable income figure that I then take to the tax tables to figure estimated tax due?  Do I use the rate schedule on pg. 33 in Pub 505 or the tax w/holding tables for wages?  

Thanks. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Is there an equation to figure 2018 estimated taxes for self employed income?

Here is a link for estimated taxes for 2018.  It has instructions and a worksheet to enter in SE income, wages, and other income.

This should help you plan your payments.

https://www.irs.gov/site-index-search?search=Form+1040Es&field_pup_historical_1=1&field_pup_historic...

**Disclaimer: Effort has been made to offer correct information; but due to the discussion forum limitations, the poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the poster's response**
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies