trinee88

Is there a Injured Spouse Waiver form I can file to relinquish rights to the offset. Child Support is holding the money for 6months, I would like to have it given sooner.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TomK

You may be call the BFS to explain your situation or to discuss any possible options.

Bureau of the Fiscal Service (BFS) will send you a notice if an offset occurs. The notice will reflect the original refund amount, your offset amount, the agency receiving the payment, and the address and telephone number of the agency. BFS will notify the IRS of the amount taken from your refund once your refund date has passed. You should contact the agency shown on the notice if you believe you don't owe the debt or if you're disputing the amount taken from your refund. If you don't receive a notice:

Contact the BFS's TOP call center at 800-304-3107 (or TTY/TDD 866-297-0517), Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST.

For more information: https://fiscal.treasury.gov/top/