turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My husband and I have an LLC since October, we wanted to file a tax extension but online it said the deadline to do this was 15th March. If it is, what do we do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My husband and I have an LLC since October, we wanted to file a tax extension but online it said the deadline to do this was 15th March. If it is, what do we do?

Is the LLC considered an S-corporation for tax purposes? If so, then yes. The deadline was March 15th, consider filing the business return as soon as possible.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/small-business-taxes/s-corp-federal-tax-filing-dates/L1U6tYGMt"...>

File your extension NOW.  You may end up paying a penalty, but file now to avoid additional fees. 

"A penalty is assessed against the partnership if it is required to file a partnership return and it (a) fails to file the return by the due date, including extensions, or (b) files a return that fails to show all the information required, unless such failure is due to reasonable cause. The penalty is $210 for each month or part of a month (for a maximum of 12 months) the failure continues, multiplied by the total number of persons who were partners in the partnership during any part of the partnership's tax year for which the return is due. If the partnership receives a notice about a penalty after it files the return, the partnership may send the IRS an explanation and the Service will determine if the explanation meets reasonable-cause criteria. Do not attach an explanation when filing the return."https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1065#idm140538038316416

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies