starstrm

Is it true that doing my taxes on intuit's website costs $79? I see the Amazon download of the program is $48. What's up with this pricing?

The above pricing examples are for the Premier edition which I need.

mesquitebean

That's correct.

The desktop Premier Edition you mentioned is a better deal and includes a state program.  There is a 24.99 state efile fee, however.   But no state efile fee for New York, and no fee to print and mail the state returns.

In the Online Premier, the Federal return is 79.99, and a state return is an extra 39.99.

Unlike the online version, the desktop version (CD/download) can prepare all the usual Federal forms.   You can prepare multiple returns with 5 free Federal efiles.   The online version can only prepare 1 Federal return per account per year.

The Online version cannot prepare a Schedule F or C with expenses.

mesquitebean

That's correct.