crazyv89

Is it possible to make State Tax payments instead of scheduling one lump sum payment on April 18, 2017? Want to make payments...

I owe the state. While filing, I chose to have that payment taken out on April 18, 2017 because I did not see a way to make payments. Is there anyway I can make payments toward what I owe prior to April 18, 2017? How can I access the payment setting?

ddaven12

Many states offer some type of installment payment plan, although the procedure varies from state to state. If you have not yet filed your tax return you can re-visit the File tab in the TurboTax program and continue through the screens until you see the question "How do you want to pay your State Taxes?"  See if there is a selection that offers a payment plan. If you don't see the payment plan option or if you have already filed your tax return you can contact your State Department of Revenue for assistance.

I don't know what state you are located in to provide specific state information, However, here is an FAQ with additional details on how to  contact your State Department of Revenue Click your state below to open their contact page.

ddaven12