Swegnson

Is anyone beside me fed up with how Turbo Tax handles estimated taxes?

I realize many folk do not need to file estimated taxes, so this question is aimed at those who do and Turbo Tax employees who handle customer complaints. I have used Turbo Tax for many years, since at least 2004. Every year I provide feedback to the effect that the Turbo Tax interview and sub-topics for estimated taxes are woefully inadequate. IMHO they need to provide people the ability to easily modify changes to the prior year in dramatically more granular detail than they do today. It is so aggravating.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for creating 2020 estimated tax forms - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-payments/help/can-turbotax-calculate-next-year-s-federal-estim...

Swegnson

The link is not helpful. The issue is where it says "Answer the questions about things like your 2020 filing status, income, and deductions."  It provides no ability to do that at a granular enough level.