Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dunidoo

IRS sent letter requesting a completed 8962. Did not include info from my 1095-A on return because my Marketplace policy expired as of 12/31/2017. How should I proceed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

IRS sent letter requesting a completed 8962. Did not include info from my 1095-A on return because my Marketplace policy expired as of 12/31/2017. How should I proceed?

If you did not have Marketplace Insurance at any time in 2018 then call the IRS using the number in the notice to get this issue resolved.
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Somehow the IRS thinks you have a 1095-A. The first thing to do is contact the Marketplace to see what is going on. Maybe you are supposed to have a 1095-A and never received it. Once you have a clear answer from them, ideally in writing, you can address why the IRS is requesting the form. This happens occasionally to people.

If you don't have your 1095A form you may be able to view it online. You can also contact the Marketplace Call Center if you find any errors on your 1095A.

Find your Form 1095-A online

• Select your this year application (be sure you’re not choosing last year's coverage application)
  • Select “Tax forms” from the menu on the left
  • View or download each Form 1095-A
  • All 1095-As are also available with your Marketplace messages

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies