IRS has rejected my daughters return stating the n...

firefighterdoug

IRS has rejected my daughters return stating the number for her AGI is wrong. I am Looking at the AGI on her 2019 and it matches what I have entered...why is it rejecting

RayW7

There are a few possible reasons why you’re still getting an e-file reject.

If you:

• Filed late last year after mid-November or your return was processed after that time—try entering 0.
  • Amended your return last year—make sure you’re using the AGI from your original return, not the amended one. (If you only have a 1040X form, it’s on line 1, column A).
  • Rounded your AGI to the nearest dollar—be sure to round up when it’s 50 cents or more and down when it’s 49 cents or less.

If you’re still having trouble, we suggest that you check with the IRS to make sure that the copy of your return is the same as what they have in their records. To do this, you can order a tax return transcript

If you’ve tried everything and nothing works, you can still file a paper return by printing out copies of your federal and state returns and mailing them. We’ll include File by Mail Instructions on where to send your returns and what forms, if any, you need to include.

dianalarose

TT has at least one bug regarding this. If, for example, your spouse died during the tax year and you are filing a joint return, TT transmits incorrect information to the IRS, which causes your return to be rejected.  People were having this problem last year...they filed using an absolutely correct AGI and were rejected. TT will probably tell you that you neeed to file a paper copy because they have never admitted that this is their bug. 

This happened to me last year. I was expexting a large refund and didn't want the long wait you get when filing by snail mail. On a whim, I tried FreeTaxUSA. To my surprise, my return (same info, same AGI) was accepted within minutes and my refund arrived quickly. Many others with rejected TT returns did the same and had the same happy experience.

I am not affiliated with FreeTaxUSA in any way; I'm just a person who wants my refund as soon as I can get it and can't stand BS!

Lsacchetti

I filed both our return (wife and I ) and our son's return electronically successfully earlier in February. I have been using TT to do my daughter's return for many years, although she has mailed both returns in the past. 

Why is IRS rejecting her return even though we've entered correct AGI from 2019 ?