turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lindaee

I have miscellaneousMiscellaneous fees listed on my 1099 from Raymond James is this fee deductable

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NancyG

I have miscellaneousMiscellaneous fees listed on my 1099 from Raymond James is this fee deductable

Investment advisory/management fees are deductible as a miscellaneous deduction on Schedule A (Itemized Deductions) subject to 2% of your adjusted gross income.  

In order to get a tax benefit from this, you need to have more than 2% of your adjusted gross income in miscellaneous itemized deductions, plus you need to itemize your deductions on Schedule A.  If you owe Alternative Minimum Tax, these miscellaneous deductions are not deductible.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NancyG

Investment advisory/management fees are deductible as a miscellaneous deduction on Schedule A (Itemized Deductions) subject to 2% of your adjusted gross income.  

In order to get a tax benefit from this, you need to have more than 2% of your adjusted gross income in miscellaneous itemized deductions, plus you need to itemize your deductions on Schedule A.  If you owe Alternative Minimum Tax, these miscellaneous deductions are not deductible.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies