Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Invest US Stock with Foreign Parents' account

Hi All,


I'm living in the States and my parents, who don't have green card, are living in China. I'm thinking about using my parents' stock brokerage account to invest US stock to avoid short term/capital gain tax. Details:

1. Transfer money from my US bank account to my parents' US bank account (I'm aware of the limit and possible gift tax here)

2. Move money from parents' US bank account to their stock brokerage account. And do investment.

3. Move money from their stock brokerage account to their US bank account. And then move money from their US bank account to my bank account.


Is this possible?