turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Intuit has 2 accts for me with different Emails. One msg re 2018 taxes was sent to WRONG Email. How do I cancel the old acct so that I don't miss any important msgs?

In 2017, I changed my Email address.  Somehow, in April 2018 when I filed my 2017 taxes, instead of changing my E-mail address I seem to have created a new account and that's what I filed 2018 taxes under. In 2017 I was told that there was no way to delete old account with wrong Email.

In 2018, I carefully signed in to the correct acct with my current Email address and filed my 2018 taxes with that acct.  However, one Email msg about my  2018 taxes ("Your Order Confirmation") was sent to my old WRONG Email.  Currently my old ISP is still forwarding msgs to me, but I don't know how long that will last.  How can I make sure that ALL Turbotax msgs are sent to my CORRECT current Email addr?
1 Reply

Intuit has 2 accts for me with different Emails. One msg re 2018 taxes was sent to WRONG Email. How do I cancel the old acct so that I don't miss any important msgs?

Immediately Look for the "Intuit Account " selection on the lower-left side menu and click on that.

Then change your email address in your account  Or make sure it is absolutely correct.

............NOT your UserID...you may be using your email address as your UserID,  but the UserID is not being used to contact you...

Then log out and repeat the same procedure for the older account you have but really are not using.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing

Related Content

Manage cookies