Indicated that I could be claimed as a dependent, ...

Indicated that I could be claimed as a dependent, but nobody claimed me. Do I still get a stimulus check?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

no you don't. it's not whether someone did claim you but whether someone is entitled to claim you.

I am wondering this same question! Can someone verified please answer? Is there anything I can do to fix this? 

If you indicated on your return that you "can be claimed as a dependent" then you are not eligible for a stimulus payment.  You have two options. 

1.  Since you were not claimed you can amend your return to indicate that you "Cannot" be claimed as a dependent and once processed and you meet the the income qualifications (less than $75,000) you will be eligible for a payment this year. 

2.  When you file your 2020 return be sure to indicate that you cannot be claimed as a dependent and since you did not receive your stimulus payment this year you will get it with your 2020 refund.