stephen-abrams-m

In the Health Insurance Premiums section of the KY State app, I'd like to know what qualifies? Is it just BOX 12, Code DD of my W-2? Thanks.

BMcCalpin

If you are talking about the screen in Kentucky entitled "Enter Insurance Premiums Paid", see the note near the bottom: "Note: Do not include insurance premiums paid for by an employer-sponsored health insurance plan unless the premiums are included in Box 1 of your W-2 form."

What this means is that you should enter on this screen only premiums that you paid for with after-tax dollars. Normally, the amount with code "DD" in box 12 of the W-2 is pre-tax dollars, that is, this amount was already removed from Wages in boxes 1, 3, and 5.

Call your employer to confirm this. If the code DD amount is pre-tax dollars, then do NOT enter on the Kentucky screen, because it had already been accounted for automatically in TurboTax.

BMcCalpin