turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ivey1946

In previous years I have had a discount, i.e., state filing has been free. I am filing self-employed business form. Are there any discounts available?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

In previous years I have had a discount, i.e., state filing has been free. I am filing self-employed business form. Are there any discounts available?

No, there are no discounts for Self-Employed.  If you had "free" state tax preparation in the past it would have been because you either used the Free Edition before the fees changed in mid tax season, or because you used desktop software that included state software.  Online Self-Employed does not include state software--it is an extra fee of $44.99 to prepare a state return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

If you have not paid the online fee yet you do have the option to switch to the downloaded Deluxe version for $80 + $25 to efile the state for a total of $105 which is cheaper than the online version of $120 + $45 state = $165 https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

To switch to the desktop version see this…….
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901476-how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-the-turbotax-softw...

And what state?  New York is free to efile from the Desktop program and there is no state preparation fee like in the Online versions..

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies