turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I override / correct form 1116 line 18? - wrong amount is being imported (doesn't match 1040, line 10)

On my form 1116 (passive category), the amount automatically imported on line 18 doesn't match what it should be (per instructions, this should equal the amount on form 1040, line 10). The amount TurboTax automatically imported is less than what's on form 1040, line 10 and doesn't really match anything...I have no clue where TurboTax is even getting this value from. Even when I go to the 'forms' view and click on the magnifying glass, it takes me to the worksheet, which shows the correct amount from form 1040, line 10, which, as I already wrote, doesn't match what TurboTax ends up putting on line 18 of form 1116. I tried overriding the value in the forms view, but since it's a calculation, it won't let me. I'm really puzzled by this. I've never had this issue in the past. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I override / correct form 1116 line 18? - wrong amount is being imported (doesn't match 1040, line 10)

In Forms Mode, bring up f1116. Put the pointer on line 18 and right click. On the box that appears, click on data source. Another box will appear with additional info for the entry.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

In Forms Mode, bring up f1116. Put the pointer on line 18 and right click. On the box that appears, click on data source. Another box will appear with additional info for the entry.

Thanks a lot! Using this method, I was able to figure out where the number is coming from and it seems correct.
ralger17

This solution does not work for TurboTax for Mac.  I am having the same problem and it is impossible to override.  Form 1116 line 18 does not match Form 1040 line 11b.   There is no way I'm starting my return all over again, so would appreciate a fix my Turbo Tax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies