junaid-shahid

In CA state return, Investment Income Expenses are not showing up as a deduction in the generated forms

In my CA state return, I have put HSA maintenance fees as Investment Income Expenses using the instructions from https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3772418. From what I understand, it should be showing up as a deduction in the CA return, but when I look at the forms generated by TurboTax at the end, that doesn't seem to be happening. What could be the reason for the deduction to not be present there?

TerryA

Miscellaneous itemized deductions get a 2% of AGI haircut on Schedule A line 26. So unless the sum of them exceed that 2% amount then they don't count in the total itemized deductions.

TerryA

junaid-shahid

I understand the 2% AGI limit applies for the federal return, but does it apply to the California state return as well?
TerryA

Yes, same thing.