marinero0011

"In 2017 I purchased a new HVAC, and I see that there is a separate tax credit for A/C and for furnaces. How do I claim both when I only have a total system cost?"

I was excited to see that the energy Tax Credits for homeowners has been extended to cover 2017, but I don’t know how to claim both the credits…one for efficient A/C, and the other for Natural Gas Heat, when all I have is a receipt for replacing the entire system.

MichaelL1

Ask the installation company for a beak down and just notate on the receipt of who you talked to, the date and when the conservation took place.  You would provide this information only when asked.

Ideally, you would have them email a new pdf with the amounts broken out, but if they won't use what I stated in above paragraph.  

MichaelL1