m-mproperty

In 2015 we weren't married, so one has sales tax included and the other has income tax. How can I get that on this form

Turbo tax put both together, so I couldn't separate the two itemized items

Anita01

If you are talking about entering the state tax refund received for a prior year, only state and local income tax would be reported as potential income in the current year, if only one  taxpayer itemized in the prior year and chose that deduction rather than state sales tax.

You should be able to enter the correct amount by typing 1099-g in the Find window on the upper right, then selecting 1099-g, state and local tax refunds from the list below, then selecting the Jump To.

For 2016, you will have to choose one or the other.

Anita01