turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

renee156

Im filing by mail. turbotax says i am ready to print and send my taxes but all my state docs have giant letters DO NOT FILE FORM NOT FINAL

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MeganS

Im filing by mail. turbotax says i am ready to print and send my taxes but all my state docs have giant letters DO NOT FILE FORM NOT FINAL

The message DO NOT FILE or DO NOT FILE, FORM NOT FINAL will appear on your printout if:

• The paper-filed (print) version of the tax form has not yet been finalized in TurboTax; or
  • Your federal return was printed before e-filing; or
  • Your state return was printed before your federal return was accepted by the IRS; or
  • The form is available but you haven't downloaded the latest update (CD/download versions only).

In some cases, clicking the Download all forms and worksheets link (instead of Download/print return) in your 2015 Tax Timeline will give you clean printouts without the watermark.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300737

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MeganS

The message DO NOT FILE or DO NOT FILE, FORM NOT FINAL will appear on your printout if:

• The paper-filed (print) version of the tax form has not yet been finalized in TurboTax; or
  • Your federal return was printed before e-filing; or
  • Your state return was printed before your federal return was accepted by the IRS; or
  • The form is available but you haven't downloaded the latest update (CD/download versions only).

In some cases, clicking the Download all forms and worksheets link (instead of Download/print return) in your 2015 Tax Timeline will give you clean printouts without the watermark.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300737

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies