turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kkaczor2

Hi! Why would our refund not change after entering my husbands W2 info? Our refund was $1568 after I entered mine alone, seems strange that it wouldn't change after his.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi! Why would our refund not change after entering my husbands W2 info? Our refund was $1568 after I entered mine alone, seems strange that it wouldn't change after his.

If your spouse's W-2 income and withholding was commensurate with or right in line with your tax situation prior to entering, it may not a make a difference on the refund meter.

If it was over withheld or under withheld, you may have seen a difference.

The more information you enter, the more accurate the refund meter will be, and will not be totally accurate (and thus truly meaningful) until you have entered all of your information including all income and expense/deductions.

In other words, do not concern yourself with the refund meter until you have completed your return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If your spouse's W-2 income and withholding was commensurate with or right in line with your tax situation prior to entering, it may not a make a difference on the refund meter.

If it was over withheld or under withheld, you may have seen a difference.

The more information you enter, the more accurate the refund meter will be, and will not be totally accurate (and thus truly meaningful) until you have entered all of your information including all income and expense/deductions.

In other words, do not concern yourself with the refund meter until you have completed your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies